Sunday 7 June 2015

Las Anchorage

I am not being rude...most Alaskans live in Anchorage and those that don't think that those that do are city slickers.

Not like any I have have seen. This is one weird city. But in a good way. Las Anchorage is totally unique.

First night, we arrive at the Captain Cook Hotel at 1am and it’s light. So we check in and head to a bar. The Pioneer Bar.

They check my I.D.

I am so in love with this place. I must look under 21. Rob’s very much into the why’s and wherefore’s and I am “Rob, I am 56 tomorrow and someone asked to check my ID!!!!!!!!!!”

My birthday. My rules. My interpretation.

The next day, I am not so good. But Rob has made bookings at the Crow’s Nest. Anchorage’s premier eating spot.

Oh so impressive. But weird. Starters are entrees, entrees are mains and you never have your salad with your entrĂ©e. 

Thank god for wine. Even if it is Californian.

View from Crow's Nest over Knik Arm over the Cook Inlet

Downtown Anchorage at about 10pm

Sheer Beauty. Full of Salmon



1 comment:

  1. Luvin your Blog Rena- great trip!! Ciao from NZ- David

    ReplyDelete